I hate when a doctor tells me , “this just might be how it will be.” Regarding my headaches. I refuse to recover only part way, I am looking for a full recovery.
We discussed my new burning pain headache between the eyes, Dr U stated that “well it might be dura inflammation”, and that “No I do t need an MRI” as Dr. B suggested in his email last week when I asked about my new burning headache.
I think I forgot to tell both Doctors that this burning started after my fall on the stairs back on the 9th. Hmmm wonder if I should call Dr U?
Anyways we discussed my headaches, and I posed the question to him, who would I go to for a second opinion? He was fine, that I wanted to make sure we are doing everything we can to get me back to normal. At first he was not too sure who I should go and see for the second opinion. I mentioned a place in AZ. He said he has not heard much of anything on that institute lately. He mentioned on I’m Texas. I asked should I contact Dr B and ask him for a name for a second opinion? He said that would be great since Dr B is a skull based surgeon, he would know who was best to go and seek out from the many around.
I also asked Dr U if it was normal after craniotomy to get motion sickness on a merry-go-round. I have never had motion sickness, now just going an a merry-go-round is enough to make me extremely dizzy and motion sick.
I texted Dr B and now I am waiting a reply.
So in other words, same ol’ same ol’.
Just heard from Dr B, he is stating the wait and see as well, and said he could refer me over to another surgeon he works with for a second opinion. I did remember to tell Dr B that I had fallen prior to my new headache. Again he said lets wait and see. I think after this discussion, I will try and vet a new surgeon to have a look at all of my studies and get their thoughts about the continued concern for a CSF leak. Frustrating to say the least. Of course there is a doc in Texas I could call, that Dr U had mentioned. Hmmmm